Channels
Home
About
Collaborate
Help Us

Author Topic: Promoting Channel with Google Ads  (Read 922 times)

3dplasticfantasy

• Video Creator
  • Hey, I am a Human 3D Printer
    • View Profile
    • 3D Plastic Fantasy
Promoting Channel with Google Ads
« on: December.06.2018 - 08:12:13 PM »
Hello there guys, I was wondering regarding the promotion of a youtube channel using Google Ads (Adwords).

I've seen small channels doing that and getting lots of views and subs with a goal to increase the exposure.

What do you think about that, do you believe its worth to invest a small amount of money in exchange for exposure increase ?

I'd like to hear your opinion,
Thanks in Advance

Mildly Entertaining

• Global Moderator
  • I Love ME You Should Too
    • View Profile
    • Mildly Entertaining YouTube Channel
Re: Promoting Channel with Google Ads
« Reply #1 on: December.06.2018 - 08:58:07 PM »
Hello there guys, I was wondering regarding the promotion of a youtube channel using Google Ads (Adwords).

I've seen small channels doing that and getting lots of views and subs with a goal to increase the exposure.

What do you think about that, do you believe its worth to invest a small amount of money in exchange for exposure increase ?

I'd like to hear your opinion,
Thanks in Advance

The answer is it depends. Mostly on your content AND if you targeted the correct people. It is relatively cheap to test. You can find adwords coupons online (for new accounts). The coupon I found you spend $25 you get $100 credited to your account.

I have tested this with my wife's channels.
The way I had it setup views targeted to a specific channel and video cost 0.01-0.02 each.
The ads we tested with a cliffhanger in the first 5 seconds did much better than the ones with her channel intro.
Only about 5% of people subscribed.

Overall I would say if you have money to spend it could work. Test first with small daily budgets then scale up.

If you don't have money to spend another great method is commenting.
Comment everywhere that is relevant to your videos.
Do it in a useful way, not spammy.

Good Luck!

3dplasticfantasy

• Video Creator
    • View Profile
    • 3D Plastic Fantasy
« Reply #2 on: December.06.2018 - 11:00:37 PM »
Thanks for the info, I will try some small amounts on my new video.

I've only tried it once with 0,05€ avg cpv but it only brought 200 views max.

The interesting thing is that i've recently been told from other user that it could be possible to get 1k views with 10€ approximately. Which makes me thing that final cost that you pay is depending on the running time and not on the click exclusively?

I think that promotion code is for USA and some other countries, but I live in Greece and I cannot retrieve it I think.

I will try other keywords and targeting methods, and of course, I always comment on other relevant videos by leaving nice comments and trying to meet new people as well.

Mildly Entertaining

• Global Moderator
  • I Love ME You Should Too
    • View Profile
    • Mildly Entertaining YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: December.07.2018 - 04:13:36 AM »
There is a lot of different options to try. Just start small and see what works.

The promotion was for USA so not sure if it will work or not. I would just try searching a lot of blogs and hosting companies have coupons. Maybe they will have something for the EU or Greece specifically. 

3dplasticfantasy

• Video Creator
    • View Profile
    • 3D Plastic Fantasy
« Reply #4 on: December.08.2018 - 10:12:55 PM »
I will take a look at it, thank you for your help.

I Wish you merry Christmas and happy holidays

Captain Needy

• Administrator
  • Hi. I'm Needy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December.09.2018 - 03:33:18 PM »
As with anything the results will vary depending on the quality of your video.  But in general Adwords traffic is some of the least valuable traffic to get.  If it wasn't a lot more people would be doing it.  Deral Eves has a video somewhere about how they had an experiment to try to grow a channel through adwords ads and they spent a lot of money and drove a lot of views and got very few subscribers for it and the subscribers that they did get were mainly dead subs that weighed down the channel. 

When I did my own adwords experiment I got a bunch of views.  And I was glad to find that the views I got back did not drag my average view time on the video down.  But it was a really good video in my opinion and almost none of the views converted to subscribers. 

I'm all for experimenting with different things that might work but my experience and the experience of others that I've heard is that all it does is pile a bunch of views onto your video.  There were no meaningful comments from those views either.  I didn't have a large enough sample size because I just canceled the ad after a short while but it didn't seem like the view behavior of real mainstream video viewers and certainly didn't seem like the people I tried to target for. 

3dplasticfantasy

• Video Creator
    • View Profile
    • 3D Plastic Fantasy
« Reply #6 on: December.11.2018 - 11:50:50 AM »
Hey needy, and thanks for the info.

Thats interesting, i mentioned that cuz i've seen small channels with content like mine doing this and getting 1k views per day for a week and growing up quickly.

When i asked them they told me we are using google adwords spending 10$ per day. Thats the reason i started this topic to see if that could be possible to get 1k views with 10 euro for example.

But of course the results are depending on the video, I will try it on my next video targeting all countries this time. I guess a little experiment with 10-20 euros wont be that harmful.

NeedsMoresubs music
for sale on bandcamp!!

In case this isn't obvious... um... Needs More Subs is not affiliated with YouTube in any official capacity. Or in any other kind of capacity.