Home
About
Channels
Community
Contests
Collaborate
Help Us

Author Topic: How Can We Make The Live Streams More Valuable?  (Read 225 times)

Wendell Live

• Video Creator
  • I'm new here
    • View Profile
How Can We Make The Live Streams More Valuable?
« on: May.30.2019 - 07:45:00 PM »
I love the concept of this channel and I want to do what I can to help it be successful.

The first few times I stopped by on Tuesday and Thursday, it was all new so I was easily engaged. But now that I have been around for a month, I’m finding myself losing interest in the sessions. I feel they have ended up being a giant “Hello” discussion in the chat and time spent figuring out the music. I have tried to get the chat to engage in discussions other than “Hi so and so” but to no avail. I’m really not getting much from the interaction any more. In the beginning I was as it was all new. But 60 minutes of saying hello to whoever is in the chat and then goodbye to whoever leaves is not very valuable to me.

Possibly we might want to consider a little more structure to the hour session. Maybe devote specific time slots to a specific topic or action. Maybe put together a channel agenda that says from 0-10 minutes this and 10-20 minutes that etc.  Maybe one of the time slots is actual facilitated discussion of the chat on a topic. What do the rest of you think? Do you have any topic ideas or how we can make the live streams more valuable. Maybe the streams are the wrong place, maybe we all need to engage in the forums more?  Right now I see the format as very freeform and I acknowledge that can be good, but there seems to be no specific goal for each session. Maybe my input is all off base and the community has other objectives. However, this is just one person’s thoughts.

Mildly Entertaining

• Global Moderator
  • I Love ME You Should Too
    • View Profile
    • Mildly Entertaining YouTube Channel
Re: How Can We Make The Live Streams More Valuable?
« Reply #1 on: June.22.2019 - 07:26:36 AM »
I usually cant make the live streams because of the time difference.

Could possibly send people on "raids" to other channels to watch a specific video.
Take a poll and the winner gets their channel shared by everyone on social media.

NeedsMoresubs music
for sale on bandcamp!!

In case this isn't obvious... um... Needs More Subs is not affiliated with YouTube in any official capacity. Or in any other kind of capacity.